Who is attending the US Bocce Federation Nationals during the week of June 19 – 25, 2023?
Highwood Bocce Club was established in 1969 just north of Chicago, IL and is the host this year’s national event. Highwood has held the US Championships as well as International Tournaments over the last 50 years. Many players from the club are national medalists from years past and currently, including Amy Lazzaretti and Miles Russell who won gold in the June 2022 Nationals at the Methuen Sons of Italy (Boston), then played in the World Championships in Turkey in November. Gordon Grunes who is from Highwood and was a silver medalist in Boston, also played internationally last year in the Pan Am Men’s Championship in November located in Uruguay.
Details of the specific tournaments are will be determined soon and listed on the site so please check back.
Welcome to the 2023 Pre-Las Vegas Contra Costa Bocce Tournament located at the Antioch Fairgrounds.
- 18 Teams
- $125 / 3 Person Team
- 4 Games Guaranteed
- Gold and Silver Divisions
- Backboard Live
- 2 Balls / Player
- 8:00 AM Check-in, 8:30 AM Games Start
- Breakfast snacks and beverages included, but bring your own lunch
Send Checks to Marth Crosley
This is the 10th Annual Las Vegas National Bocce Tournament. Once again, it will be held at the South Point Hotel and Casino. There will be 80 teams competing from across the USA and Canada.
Highwood Bocce Club will once again host the US Bocce National Championships.
June 20 – 25, 2017
The Bocce Club at St. Anthony’s in New Castle, DE, along with the help of Joe Quartarone from Global Bocce, is hosting a High-Stakes Mid Atlantic bocce tournament on July 17, 2021. Join local St. Anthony’s leaders and bocce enthusiasts Tom, Mark and Harry and other top bocce players from the Northeast including MA, CT, RI, NJ, PA, DE and MD.
BEST Purse-to-Team payout ratio tournament this summer.
Online Registration Form
- 1 Day Bocce Tournament (12 Teams)
- Round Robin Format (3 Brackets of 4 Teams) – Guaranteed 3 games
- After the Round Robin, Teams are Ranked #1 – #12
- Top 8 Teams make Single Elimination Playoffs
- $420 / Team
- 4 Person Teams
- 2 Players / Side (2 balls each player / frame)
- US “Open Bocce” Rules – Backboard Dead
- Payouts based on 12 teams:
- The (3) #1 Teams in Each Bracket – $400 each (Guaranteed)
- 1st Place Overall Tournament Winner – $3200 (Guaranteed)
- 2nd – $1000
- 3rd – $500
- 4th – $500
- Complimentary Italian Style Meal served at lunch
- US Bocce Federation membership is also included
- The first 12 teams that pay will be registered
- Register by Friday 7/2/21
- Games start at 8:00 AM SHARP on Saturday 7/17/21
- Practice Friday at 12:00 PM through the evening as well as on Saturday at 7:00 AM to 7:45 AM
Fill out this online Registration Form
You can find nice hotels and other things to do in the area at these links. The Christiana Mall is a beautiful area that’s approximately 15 minutes from the club.
Historic New Castle
Visit Delaware (New Castle)
Hampton Inn (Wilmington / Christiana)
Thank you to our Sponsors:
- Doug Salter / New Castle Insurance
- Brian McClain / Roofing Contractor
- John Viola / Retired DE State Rep
- Pete Toner / New Castle Commons Trustee
- Michael Quaranta / New Castle Mayor
- John Whisman / Colonial Real Estate
- ONC Investments/George Velitskakis
- Krienen Funeral Home/Billy Krienen
- Ioannoni’s Specialty Sandwiches/Mike Ioannoni
- New Castle St. Anthony’s – Sponsoring Lunch
Special thanks to the organizers of the 1st Annual Mike Kontura Memorial Bocce Tournament held at the Wickliffe Italian American Club (Cleveland, OH area).
Chris Federico * Chuck Britton * Bob Gallese
- Saturday ONLY
- 4 Person Teams
- Maximum of 42 Teams
- $200 / Team
- 100% Payout
- Double Elimination
- Food for sale by Trevi Catering
- 50 / 50 Raffle and Gift Baskets
- Proceeds to to be received by Sandy Kontura
Chuck Britton: 440-289-0612
Chris Federico: 216-217-1156
Elmwood Park, Illinois Recreation Department is starting it’s 1st Winter Indoor Bocce League on January 4, 2021. Bocce has become incredibly popular with both women and men in the summer over the past 6 years. This fall, 4 brand new 60′ x 10′ AstroTurf courts were built inside the recreation building at to accommodate our players / residents of Elmwood Park.
The first 80 teams that pay will fill the 6pm and 8pm game slots each Monday – Friday.
Newcomers are welcome. Let’s us know you would like to join a team.
Please contact Mike Ciancio at the Elmwood Park Rec Center at 4 Conti Parkway.
Look up Elmwood Park Bocce League on Facebook for more information or email Mike.
Elmwood Park’s 2020 Fall Bocce Tournament will wrap up a fun summer season of bocce.
- $50 / 4 person team
- 32 Teams
- Single Elimination
- Cash Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Winners
7th Annual Carmine L Cassese Memorial Bocce Tournament Sept 19-22, 2019 held at Cassese’s MVR.
- 4 Brackets on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Thursday at 6:00 PM
- Friday 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Sunday Finals
- $200/ team – Includes Drink Tix & T Shirts
- Double Elimination
- 64 Teams
- 100% Payout
Darren Landis 330-718-9139
PayPal & Venmo Available
410 N Walnut Street Youngstown, OH 44505
The American Sons of Columbus in Kansas City, MO will host the 6th Annual Tom Gialde Memorial Bocce Tournament August 9 – 11, 2019.
- USBF Open Rules Apply
- Backboard is dead
- Size 107mm/920g balls required (House Balls are available)
- Two Divisions: Men and Women (Mixed teams will be entered into the Men’s bracket)
- Minimun $4,600 in Prize Money (Based on 16 Men’s teams)
- MEN: 1st- $1,600 * 2nd- $1,100 * 3rd- $700 * 4th- $400 * 5th-8th- $200
- WOMEN 1st- $600 * 2nd- $400 * 3rd- $300 * 4th-$200
Download the Registration Form and details
$75 per player
$10- Non Player Lunch
$25- Non-Player Dinner
Friday, August 9
Open Practice All Day
4:00pm Brackets will be drawn
6:45pm- Captain’s Meeting
7:00pm- Lagging and Shooting Competition
7:45pm- Tournament Starts
Saturday, August 10
8:30 am- Tournament Resumes
11:00 am-1:00 pm- Lunch
7:00 pm- Gialde Dinner and Presentation
Sunday, August 11
9:00am- Knockout Round &Finals
As a founding member of the ASOC in 1964, Tom Gialde was a pioneer for Italian-American worker and civil rights. He championed many initiatives, at both the city and state level, to ensure Italian-Americans had the ability to pursue the American Dream. An avid player of many sports, Mr. Gialde always enjoyed the game of bocce. He, along with his brother Stan, promoted the sport throughout the Kansas City community. The ASOC is proud to name its invitational bocce tournament in his honor.